The Partner Build Grow: Stories From the Field video series highlights various prongs of the Action Guide, including Building an Action Team, Mapping Assets, and Connecting with the Policy Environment. The series explores how the tools and resources provided within each step of the Action Guide can help school leaders and educators evaluate their school and community-based programs and expand their network of influential stakeholders. Interviews with school leaders and administrators illustrate the ways that they have been able to apply these guiding steps within their unique school and community settings.
Urban Prep Academies
Dr. Lionel Allen, Jr., former Chief Academic Officer at Urban Prep Academies, discusses the unique challenges that many schools in urban settings experience. Dr. Allen shares his experience with identifying potential community assets and the importance of being highly attentive to and involved within the local policy landscape.
- Infrastructure-Building to Support the Needs of Diverse Student Learners
- New Jersey Collaborative Helps Middle School Students Feel Safer, Happier
- Using Communication Strategies to Build and Retain Support for Student Services in Broome County, NY
- Creating a Coalition to Improve School Climate in Inner City Baltimore
- Strengthening Neighborhoods Through Student Resilience
- Building Community Schools in Upstate New York
- DC Kids Count Data Tools 2.0
- New Hampshire Children’s Collaborative