Assessing Asset Mapping
In any state or local community, it is likely that numerous child health or education programs or initiatives are operating simultaneously. Mapping available resources increases the chances that viable opportunities will arise for linking these efforts over time.
Questions to consider as you assess your progress in asset mapping:
- What process did your team or partnership use to identify the resources you will map?
- When pulled together, does this data provide a picture of the scope and breadth of youth development and mental health promotion resources available?
- Does the data provide a picture of youth mental health on a population level?
- What standards do you have for assessing the quality of your data?
- Where will your visual map be available to view? Assuming it is web-based, who will be responsible for updating it?